Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Pretty Poinsettias





The Day One  post for this year's 25 Tags of Christmas blog hop featured lots of pretty poinsettias!  So many were done in gold, but the one that really inspired me was Lindsey's  poinsettia embossed on vellum.

My thought process went like this:  Wish I had a poinsettia that would work for that technique......wait, I have a poinsettia that is part of a collage stamp.  I've never been too good at embossing on vellum, and I will have to cut away the background.....

Anyway, I gave it a try.  The vellum didn't warp, cutting it was super easy, and center of the design had a solid area large enough to hide some foam tape.  I can see the flaws in this project, but I am SO glad I gave it a try.  New tag and new techniques to work on!  Win!

Thanks for visiting
Christine

Linking to:
25 Tags of Christmas (Day 1- Lindsey)
Simon Says Stamp

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm thrilled that my tag inspired you! It certainly looks gorgeous to me. What a great thought to use a poinsettia that's part of a larger stamp, too. One of the things I love about tags is that very few will be looking at them long enough to see any imperfections - that generally only the maker notices anyway! Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for participating in Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!

Susan Renshaw said...

Very pretty poinsettias!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...so beautiful and very elegant, just love your gorgeous snowflake. Thank you so much for playing along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!