Saturday, July 20, 2019

Let it Snow!



When I was a little girl, I dearly loved to visit my grandparents.  We always spent a couple of weeks with them in the summer, and often, my mom and dad would allow us kids to stay with them for an extra week during Christmas break.  I always prayed that we would be snowed in, thereby extending our visit.  I remember the year a tremendous blizzard came and we got to stay several extra days.  Talk about building the faith of a little child!

Snow is a very rare thing in the part of Texas I now call home, and it is always looked upon as a special gift when it falls here.  A couple of years ago we had a beautiful snowfall, but the children were able to come to school, and we spent the morning outside playing.  By afternoon, it was gone, but the special memory lingers on.  More gifts from a good God.

Anyhooo, I did have lots of fun meandering down memory lane while making this card.  The stamps are from a wonderful Verve set, so sadly retired.  I stamped them all over the background and did a little pencil work.  In real life, some soft gray shading shows, and makes the little snow men look nice and round.

Thanks for stopping by,
Christine

Linking to:
SSS Wednesday Challenge (Make your own background)
Mod Squad (Christmas in July)
The Cats Pajamas (Christmas in July)
Visions of Sugar Plums Challenge On Lori Hairston's Blog (Christmas in July)

2 comments:

Gail said...

Snowmen are awesome - TFS@Mod Squad

Lori said...

Love how you stamped the snowmen all over the background! The gray palette is so pretty. So glad you linked to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!