Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Card Trick with Bitty Bouquets


Laurie's Fabulous Favorites Challenge is to use scraps.  What perfect timing!  Yesterday I pulled out a beloved 6 x 6 stack and thought of all the fun I'd had using it down to left-over bits and pieces.  I knew immediately what would be used to create my "scrap cards".

To use scraps, I love to create tiny cards.  This one measures 3.25 inches square.  The scraps were punched with a 1.25 inch square punch and were arranged as shown in the "card trick" quilt pattern shown to the left.  I used a piece of blue painter's tape, sticky side up, to hold the squares in place until they were properly arranged.  A "Bitty Bouquet" fits perfectly in the center.  I am off to create more little note cards using scraps from this stack and tiny bouquets.


I love to keep a stack of little cards in my desk at school for quick notes of thanks or encouragement, and this could be used for either type of message.

Thanks so much for taking a look,
Christine

3 comments:

Carmela Douglas Hubler said...

Very pretty. So soft!!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. So soft and pretty!

Susan Watanabe said...

Both cards are very pretty...so dainty! Reminds me of my quilting days. :)