Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Aqua Mist Butterfly Birthday


 A girl might know she has become a paper-crafting addict when she identifies her favorite colors with ink and card stock hues.  My original plan for this card was to heat emboss butterflies and to ink blend over them with a trio of colors.  I started with PTI's Aqua Mist and liked it so well that I just kept going.  That shade is an accent color in our den and frequently graces the table in the adjoining dining room.  It is so soothing. 

The pretty butterflies are from two sets:  Verve's Butterfly Grace and a tiny set I picked up at Tuesday Morning a couple of years ago.  The sizes work together nicely for a background like this.  The delicate silver butterfly was cut using a Memory Box die.  

I am off to enjoy a few minutes reading a good book before starting dinner. (I --heart--Spring Break!)

Thanks so much for visiting,

Christine

Linking to:

Mod Squad Challenge (Butterfly Theme)

Word Art Wednesday

PIP Challenge

1 comment:

Judy Woodland said...

How beautiful. I love the soft colors and your die cut butterfly just pops against the lovely heat embossed background. I think this is stunning. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating with us over at the Mod Squad!!
Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!