Thursday, February 18, 2021

Keep Shining--Turner Syndrome Awareness


 
We are not supposed to have winter like this in our part of Texas!  It is cold, but the roads have thawed, and we have power and water. The school where I teach is not faring as well, so I have the blessing of an unexpected craft day.

I often appreciate the guidance of a sketch, and this week's MFT sketch fit the bill for a card featuring MFT's Pressed flowers, and a pretty leafy flourish (also from MFT) layered over a delicate heart die I picked up from Tuesday Morning.  I stamped the center of each flower and ink blended to bring a soft look to all the die cuts.

I would also like to share this card with the Turner Syndrome Awareness blog hop.  I so admire the miracle girls with TS and the way they shine through the struggles this condition often brings.  After enduring the anxiety of the pandemic, it is heart-breaking to realize that Turner Syndrome sometimes predisposes these sweet girls to anxiety. My prayers go out  for these young ladies and their families.

Hope you will take a moment to learn about Turner Syndrome.

Thanks for visiting,

Christine

Linking to:

Turner Syndrome Hop

MFT Sketch Challenge

Double D Challenge (heart)

SSS Wednesday Challenge (Favorite technique---Ink Blending)


5 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful card! I love those pretty flowers and they really stand out nicely on that heart doily! I was hoping the heart doily was a die that I could purchase! I love the Pink gingham on the bottom of your card and that awesome sentiment! Thank you so much for joining the Card Challenge and helping to spread awareness of Turner Syndrome!

Diane said...

This card is as gorgeous as your blog header, so soft and beautiful! Thank you so much for your support in out TS awareness hop and for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane TS and DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

What a BEAUTIFUL creation Christine! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Heart’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Thanks for also sharing in the Turner Syndrome Card Challenge and helping to spread the word about TSA. Be safe down there ... crazy temperatures we're having this winter.

Jan Mahew said...

Wonderful soft hues and perfect die cuts Christine! Thank you for helping raise awareness of Turner Syndrome and supporting TSA Challenge by sharing your marvelous handywork.
Hugs,
Jan

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my, this is just beautiful. I love that lacy heart and the gingham background is just perfect here. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!