Thursday, July 18, 2019

Happy Mistake/Happy Birthday


I had every intention of combining the SSS Wednesday Challenge to "create your own background" with a color challenge.  I inked up one of my very few background stamps with Paris Dusk ink when fully intending to use gray ink.  I decided to go with it as opposed to clean off that carefully inked background, and this blue-on-blue card was born.  I stamped MFT's Pressed Flowers over the script background, added a framed vellum panel, and gold embossed some foliage from the stamp set along with a happy birthday sentiment.  The scalloped layer was cut from white card and inked in Paris Dusk using a Life-Changing Brush.  I just had to ink the perimeter, and it was ever so easy with the brush!

I will probably be back with a similar card in the colors of the inspiration challenge.

Thanks so much for visiting.  Hope your day is wonderful!
Christine

Linking to:
SSS Wednesday Challenge (Make Your Own Background)
Word Art Wednesday

1 comment:

Lin said...

I LOVE your mix of the blue flowers and the pretty script background, Christine! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!