Tuesday, June 18, 2019

You're such a "deer"!


Hello stamping friends,

I am playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge again, and this one is a big one in celebration of their 100th challenge!  This time, I chose to play with my favorite (well, actually, I have more than one NN favorite, but that will be for another time....) set, Deer Friend.

This is  my first attempt at no-line coloring.  I am not a great "color-er", but I wanted this card to have a subtle look, and no-line work is often so soft and sweet.  I stamped in SSS Barely Beige ink and colored the image with Marco Raffine pencils.    I brushed grass and sky with Distress Oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers, planning to cut the background down with a heart die.  I thought it looked interesting turned to the side, and I cut out two smaller hearts using the tiny dies from Deer Friend and mounting them on foam tape for dimension.  The background panel was cut using NN Frames and Flags dies....a crafty splurge that I enjoy often!

Thanks for visiting,
Christine

Linking to Inky Paws Challenge (favorite NN stamps)
Word Art Wednesday
Shopping Our Stash (so punny)

4 comments:

Indy's Designs said...

Fabulous job with your first no-line project! I love your soft, subtle colors, and this is such a sweet stamp set to play with! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws for our 100th challenge!
Hugs,
Debbie

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello, your card is so adorable, love the soft colors and that punny sentiment fits perfectly.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

Donna said...

Super cute, love the soft colours and the cute wee deer!
Thanks for getting punny with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

beckynoelle said...

so soft and sweet! Thanks for joining us for this Inky Paws Challenge!