Friday, June 21, 2019

Love, Power, and a Sound Mind



The current Mod Squad Challenge is to create a stand-alone mixed media tag.  I haven't done much mixed media and am not really sure I understand the whole concept, but here is how I created the tag.

The base is a TH mixed media tag, about 6 x3 inches, stenciled with Altenew's Watercolor Stripes and TH Splash in Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide inks.  I did activate the ink several times throughout the process of layering the elements.  Next, I made a stencil by cutting two sizes of hearts in scrap cardstock, dabbing on white acrylic paint. The stamp is a Typographia stamp from Stamplorations, which was stamped multiple times using the MISTI.  Finally, I splattered white paint and added a few Nuvo drops around the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting,
Christine

Linking to:
Mod Squad Challenge
Word Art Wednesday
Stamplorations June Mixed Media Challenge
Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge



2 comments:

Gail said...

One of my favorite scriptures! You did a great job on the mixed media - thanks for linking up to Mod Squad!

MariLynn said...

Christine, this is gorgeous. You did a great job with mixed media. Love that you used the scripture stamp. Love the little hearts. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations mixed media challenge.