Thursday, May 20, 2021

Hello, friend!



 I love the current challenge on the Ink to Paper Blog. This week's Great Cover Up challenge is to use multiple patterns.  My love for layering patterned papers was developed by using sketches, and my favorites are Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday sketches. The Mojo Monday sketches  can be found on her blog or are archived on Pinterest.  I scrolled through some of the past sketches to find suggestions for layering lots of patterns.

Melody's Great Cover Up card used a wonderful combination of patterns--all softened by vellum.  I debated about using vellum over the bright floral strip but decided to go bright, popping the blooms from Gran's Garden up with some foam tape to add just a bit of contrast from the bright florals behind them.


Thanks so much for visiting,
Christine

Linking to:



2 comments:

Catherine said...

What a pretty card! Those sketches look great too. I don't layer patterned paper very much so the sketches look very helpful.

Carmela said...

Your flowers match your patterned paper very well. So pretty!!