Monday, March 9, 2020

Soft Florals from Gran's Garden


Good morning! Today is the first day of Spring Break, and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the gentlemen who will install our new floors, opening the way for my craft room to once again be functional.  There's not much around here that is in its original place or that looks too neat and tidy, but the results will be worth it!

I am playing along with Melissa Phillips' new feature on the Ink to Paper blog.  She provided a lovely tutorial explaining how to create her signature soft floral look.  I stamped the flowers from Gran's Garden in Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores and was able to get the Aqua Mist to soften beautifully.  Thinking the Hawaiian Shores looked a little bright, I gave the flowers a good splattering of watered down white acrylic paint.  It was a very fun process and one I would like to practice more when the house is not in such chaos.


Thanks for looking,
Christine

Linking to:
Melissa's Fab Friday Feature
SSS Wednesday Challenge (feminine florals)
Word Art Wednesday


No comments: