Friday, June 16, 2017

The Challenge: A Day Touched by Kindness



So glad I took the color challenge at Always Playing with Paper.  I wouldn't have combined those colors on my own, but I am happy with how the card turned out.  The background was created by swirling Prima Pastel Dreams Watercolors on a sheet of watercolor paper.  While that dried, I mixed orange and pink watercolors, stamped two flowers from Kindness Matters, and then, made a big mistake!  When die cutting the first flower, I used washi tape to hold the die in place.  I didn't expect it to pull a layer off the watercolor paper, but it did.  Two flowers may have been too much anyway.

Linking to:
The Challenge 87
Word Art Wednesday
Crop Stop
Happy Little Stampers Water Color Challenge

Thanks for visiting. Have a blessed day!
Christine

5 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the way you used that color challenge. Gorgeous background and lovely wreath! Thanks for linking up to the Cropstop blog with your beautiful creation!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card! That watercolor background with the wreath over it looks amazing.

Lesley said...

This is so pretty and I love your watercolour background!

Ginny Maxam said...

This is really a beautiful CAS card!Wonderful Sentiment, I love it! Thank you for joining In the Word Art Wednesday fun! Ginny M DT

Jenny Colacicco said...

That's a great colour combo !! I love the wreath and that you kept it plain compared to the background, it really makes it pop. I agreee I think one flower works really well. Thank you for sharing with us at HLS! Jenny x