Wednesday, June 28, 2017

(My First!) Mixed Media Tag


This was so much fun!  I'd shied away from mixed media for several reasons, but decided to give it a whirl while out of school and stuck at home waiting on a repairman.  I think this qualifies as mixed media:  Here's what I used:  Watercolor paper, old book page, cardboard coffee sleeve, crochet cotton, Prima watercolors, distress ink, "regular ink", white acrylic for distressing, and gold metallic ink for stenciling.  There's a bit of lace, part of a die cut, and a stamped feather that I painted over, got wet, and scrunched up.  Best of all, everything was "on hand" except for the stencil which I purchased last weekend.

Linking to:
More Mixed Media Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (stencils
Word Art Wednesday

Thanks for looking,
Christine

4 comments:

Sherrie K. said...

Fabulous mixed media tag! The water colored background is so pretty! I love all the fun details~the textures are amazing!! Great job Christine!
Sherrie K

Hazel said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for our More Mixed Media June challenge – hope to see you again soon – Hazel DT x

Sandra said...

Such a sweet tag, love the cute embellishments. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Jo Ann said...

Such a gorgeous tag. Love the design. Thanks for joining our previous challenge here at WORD ART WEDNESDAY. We hope you will join us again in our current challenge soon. Leaving you with the inspiration found in Philippians 4:13 which says: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com