Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Merry Poinsettia Tag


 To say that teaching students all day in the classroom and providing for virtual learners in the evenings and on weekends has kept me busy is an understatement.  I am ever so thankful to have completed the semester and to have some time off before the New Year!  It was a treat to craft for a while this afternoon, and I was thrilled to see the Double D Challenge mood board.  I 'discovered' this abstract poinsettia in Simon Says Stamp's Winter Flowers....that is to say that I'd forgotten this beauty was included in the pretty set.  The die cut bloom creates the focal point while stamped flowers, leaves, berries, and some stenciling create a coordinating background paper from which the tags were cut. I enjoyed the process of creating the background and found this SCS tutorial very helpful.


Linking to:


Word Art Wednesday

Thanks for stopping by,

Christine

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful design Christine! Love your design and love the vintage plate you photographed it on. That plate is very similar to those I found in the basement after my mother's passing last year. I kept them and gifted friends & family with them this year filled with cookies & fudge! Beautifully done! Merry Christmas! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Poinsettia’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Diane said...

Very pretty tag, so soft and dreamy! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}