Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Thanks for Being Awesome


It's always a treat to read the Mojo Monday posts.  Julee's cards and sketches provide such inspiration.  I was inspired to search my stash for a pretty floral panel after seeing the gorgeous paper collection she featured his week.

My card also includes Altenew's Garden Picks dies.  I have been cutting them from larger paint chips to try out color combinations and am having such fun!  (Getting funny looks from the mister when collecting lots of paint sample cards at Home Depot is an added bonus!!)

The other crafty "experiment" included is the use of Reverse Confetti's Grid Stitched Tag.  It's a rectangle, and I wanted it to be square.  After cutting it once, I put a part of it back in the die and cut again.  It's an old but good trick.  The fun surprise was that the second cut caused some cool double stitching.  I'll definitely play with this some more.


Thanks so much for visiting,
Christine

Linking to:
Mojo Monday
Word Art Wednesday
SSS Wednesday Challenge
Tuesday Throwdown (Pastel Colors)


4 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card -- and I LOVE your take on the Mojo Monday sketch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so lovely, Christine. Must go pick up some paint chips now. So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday.

Terri Winske said...

Your card is so pretty! I love the patterned paper and the soft colors. I like the sentiment too! Thank you so much for joining our pastel colors challenge this week at Tuesday Throwdown!

ankitag612 said...

Such a gorgeous take on the sketch! Love the pastels you used for the florals! Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Xx Ankita