Sunday, September 1, 2019

Favorite Vellum Technique


Seems ages since I made a card, and my husband requested a sympathy card for a co-worker who has suffered a loss.  I like this elegant black and white paper, but the pattern might be considered a little too bold for a card like this.....so, my favorite way to soften a busy pattern or boldly-colored print is to add a vellum layer. Creating a frame provides a good place to hide the adhesive when adding the vellum panel to the card.  I especially love to use PTI's A2 Noted die collection to create frames....isn't the scalloped stitching a great partner to the delicate edge of the card base?  The layered flowers are Tilth Floral by Memory Box and a stitched flower from MFT's collection by the same name.  The inside includes a sympathy sentiment.

Thanks so much for visiting,
Christine

Linking to:
Laurie's Fabulous Favorites (vellum)
Word Art Wednesday
SSS Wednesday Challenge

No comments: