Sunday, December 31, 2017

VLV December Sketch: Keep Shining


Happy Sunday!  I am the first one up and ready for church, so I hope complete a post of a card I finished last night.  It features the "best sections" of several sheets from a collection called Patisserie.  It was fun to slice off the floral border of one sheet, to use the solid section of another, and to cut a central panel into a circle.

This is a graduation card for an amazing young woman who received her college degree a couple weeks ago and is currently celebrating in France with her family.  I wanted her card to have a Parisian flair, and the "Keep Shining" sentiment is perfect for this confident, talented young lady.

Stamps include:  Verve's Rise Above (sentiment), Verve's Joyful Blooms with matching dies, and French Flea Market by Julie Nutting.

I hope my Mojo is on it's way back home.  It would be even better if it brought my missing Tim Holtz  snips back, too.  I cleaned up after a scrapbooking frenzy (right) before our holiday travels, and my dear red-handled scissors are nowhere to be found.  The LSS had none, and the substitutes are just not as good.  Hope to find them soon!

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a blessed day and a wonderful New Year,
Christine

Linking to:
VLV December Sketch Challenge
Word Art Wednesday
SSS Wednesday Challenge

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Truly lovely in every way! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love your French vignette here. Such a beautiful card, Christine! So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!