Sunday, November 6, 2016

VLV--Remembering the Brave



I wonder what happened to the practice of veterans selling the the little red paper poppies....I remember purchasing them as a child.  Mom or Grandma would give me some change to buy a little red paper "Buddy Poppy" from the older gentlemen wearing their VFW hats.  At the time, I knew it was special, but didn't really understand.

As Veterans Day approaches, my students will be practicing speaking parts for a program to honor service men and women and will be busy making Valentines to share with the VA Hospital in February.  It is a blessing to explain our freedoms to children and to help them appreciate our veterans.

My card is based upon the first VLV sketch for November and uses two Verve sets:  Poppy Birthday and American Hero.  The digital paper is from Cottage Market.

I am linking to:
Verve Sketch Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge (Thinking of You)
Jo's Scrap Shack Fun Friday Challenge (A/G)
Word Art Wednesday (A/G)

SaveSave

4 comments:

Kuni said...

What a wonderful card.
Hugs
Kuni
my new challenge blog start on the 10th november and i hope to see you.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

Tammi said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining us over at Jo's Scrapbook Challenge.


Tammi, DT

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I remember buying the poppies, too! :) Such a great take on the sketch.

Caryn said...

Fabulous card. Very appropriate this week too!
Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Hugs,
Caryn xxx