Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Technique: Watercolor and Salt

When I read this blog post by Julee Tilman, I couldn't believe I'd taught elementary school for so long without knowing what cool things a sprinkling of salt does to piece of wet watercolor.  Since then, it's been in the back of my mind to give it a try.  Today, I saw some cards by Betsey Veldman that reminded me to have a little fun and try it out.

I painted a panel in pretty aqua from my Prima Pastel Dreams palette and added a sprinkling of plain old table salt.  The speckled blue brought robins' eggs and spring time to mind, so I added a few daisy-like blooms cut from MFT's Stitched florals. 

Thanks for stopping by,
Christine

Linking to:

Word Art Wednesday
PIP Challenge

3 comments:

linda m said...

On a frigidly cold day like today, your breathe of spring is encourages us to press on! It's time to create some "spring" myself :) It's good to know that plain old table salt works, too. That I have in the house...going to give it a try!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Such a sweet tag! The flowers are a pleasant accent! Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Betsy V said...

So pretty and springy and you're right - that blue is the perfect robin's egg color! My favorite! Thanks so much for playing along!