Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge 254: Have an Amazing Birthday



 This card was made from "practice panels" created while getting acclimated to Distress Oxide inks.  I had the best luck using a blending tool to apply the ink to watercolor paper.  I spritzed liberally with water to softly blend the colors and finally got a few of the "oxidized splotches".

I watched lots of videos and loved a  direct to paper technique that was later  blended with a sponge....I couldn't get the ink to move.  Hopefully, all aspects of blending will come with practice.

I used two Verve sets for the butterflies and the sentiment:  Butterfly Grace and Poppy Birthday.  Love, love these collections!

Thanks for visiting,
Christine
Linking to Word Art Wednesday (A/G)
SSS Wednesday Challenge (Girl Power)

3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Christine this is beautiful. Loving the fluttering butterflies.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card! Love your practice panel blending. :)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Christine :-) the butterflies are so pretty and I love the strip of colourful paper and CAS design, very beautiful :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x